About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving girl who sometimes be over excitable. I love anything Sporty and never mind getting my hands dirty. I don't have a favorite colour because I love anything that is bursting bright with colours. I am hard working , and i work well independently , but i also can work very well in a group.I will have a go at what ever anyone throws at me even i know it will be a challenge for me to succeed at. I Listen to Music every single day no matter if i am sad or happy , what ever occasion i will find a song that is suitable. Music is a big passion of mine and i love researching into it, for example the history of artists and the origins of the many music genres. ENJOY :)

Thursday 3 March 2011


Q6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

There were many things I learnt using the equipment when creating our opening sequence. The things we used when filming our opening sequence:

Camera (Canon XAH) – We need to use this to as we needed to film our opening sequence. I progressed many new skills when using this camera, I found out how different ways to zoom in and out shots and also how to focus in out on shots and objects. The cameras were

  • Lightweight
  • Portable
  • Easy to operate
  • Effective camera movement
  • Battery life
  • Settings
  • Sound set up
  • Compact




With the camera you also have the camera bag, this is to make sure the camera is protected and kept safe. In the camera bag is the clapper board which we used to establish each shot, and also in the camera bag is the lens cap this is to protect the camera lens from damage or scratches. The battery is needed so the camera will turn on work as we needed the camera to record. The tap is needed so that we are able to save our shots and keep them all in one place.

Tripod (Libec L82000) – The tripod is needed to hold and keep the camera steady without it the camera would become unsteady and shaky. One the camera at the bottom is the horse shoe that matches with the tripod. When we had to re shoot on another we had problems trying to match up the right horse shoe with the right tripod. I have now learnt how match up the correct equipment, the tripod is very important as it helped us get most of the shoots we needed for our film.

Sound (Sennhewer microphone) - As this was the first time we used the sound equipment it took us a little time to set it up. We had to use sound for the voiceovers for our opening sequence. I now know how to set up the sound equipment and how to use it correctly. I have leant how to use the microphone and the link it to the camera I also learnt how to use the different accessories with.
With the microphone you also have the headphones (Sennhewer headphones) so that you can listen to everything the microphone is picking up for example when recording the voiceovers we had to find somewhere quite as we could hear people in the corridor in the background. However an advantage for this is that if we needed to pick a very quite sound or we could not get close enough to record the microphone picked it u and the headphones gave a clear outcome. Also the boom pole, this is used to get sound at a further distance with out having to be right close to the sound. The Windshield system which is used if you are outside and you want to prevent the sound of the wind as we were inside we didn’t need to use it.  I learnt that the sound equipment is very sensitive and that it can pick up the smallest of noises.

The editing software we used was Adobe Premiere CS4 it was used to help put our opening sequence together and help us add effects. I learnt how to use this software from others and also from trial and error.  I was able to learn how to add transitions effects, how to digitize, add sound, add text, and how to import files. Using Adobe premiere was quite hard at first I did use in the prelim tasks but we used simpler effects. When doing this main task we had difficulty with the timing and using the right effects ect. for example when placing the shots on the timeline we found it hard to cut the shots to fit the soundtrack and to insert the transition effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment